60 ways, yes, that came up spontaneously because this blogpost is the 60th.
Written in English for my best friends, fans, readers and loves ones will surely get the message.
60! Time flies when you are having fun!
MAGIC is always in the moment, in the now, in the near to you and me, in the connection. I love that thought! Do you?
MAGIC is a feeling, the existence of something special.
Are you ready to experience that in your garden and your life?
MAGIC is all around you.
- Enjoy the colors
- Enjoy the leaves
- Enjoy the flowers
- Find some bees, insects or butterflies, listen to their humming
- Look at the tumbling birds, hear their music and songs
- Feel the wind rush through the trees
- Watch how raindrops collect in a pond or bird’s bath
- Collect seeds on a sunny dry day
- Harvest a flower, a leaf or a stone
- Assemble a bouquet with flowers, branches and leaves from your garden to enjoy on your table
- Lay out a small mandala with collectables from your garden
- Connect with the seasons and enjoy the very moment
- Take a photo every month and put it in your garden dairy
- Be surprised by nature’s wealth
- Breath in the fresh air and breath out your sorrows, pains and fears
- Prepare a healthy meal for yourself or the birds
- Smell the richness of the dirt (soil)
- Smell your favorite fragrant roses
- Smell your fragrant herbs
- Use your home grown herbs to season and color your meals
- Choose new plants for your garden and make a list
- Buy only one plant at a time just for joy and fun to cheer you up
- Care for your precious lovable garden plants
- Take care of the soil in autumn and spring (mulch and compost)
- Water your plants well when needed
- Pay attention to details you might not have even noticed before
- Be mindful and relax
- Put your favorite chair in a sunny position
- Close your eyes and make a wish
- Improve your garden life and define a garden plan
- Enjoy reading about your garden to gain knowledge and wisdom
- Complete every action in your garden with gratitude and pride towards yourself and the wonders of nature
- Have a coffee or tea near a window and look out at your garden
- Leave the leaves between the plants in your garden border and look at the diversity of their colors
- Feel inspired
- Feel relaxed
- Feel united
- Feel curious
- Intend to grow and enjoy the flowers you love
- Look at the seed heads that turn brown
- Care for your tender plants
- Cut your lavender plants in April and September so they will stay proportionate and rich in flowers
- Save some cuttings to grow new plants
- Dead head extravagantly flowering species for even more wealthy blooming
- Create a bird’s cake in wintertime
- Only groom your lawn, terrace and path ways
- Reward and renew yourself with a wonderful warm bath after intense garden work
- Create inspirational moments every day
- Write down what you might want to improve in your garden
- Picture yourself as the queen/king totally devoted to your outdoor space and its inhabitants
- List your plants, shrubs and trees to remember their names and needs
- Feel your connection to nature
- Experience going out in your garden in the evening, at night, in the early morning and sense the differences
- Feel the special air, the sky, the moon, the wind, the light, the season, the stars, the clouds, the sun
- Take a stroll in your garden and follow where your intuition leads you
- Look at the ripples in a water feature or pond
- Sense and reflect
- Be aware, be grateful
- Ask a dear friend to enjoy your garden with you
- MAGIC is in you, in your home, life and garden. ENJOY!
Life is a garden! Grow the flowers you love.
~ Mariëtte Verlaan
Are you curious to read more? Find out about the new Garden Book Harmonie in jouw tuin met Feng Shui or the new eCourse Jouw levendige groene tuin and get inspired to create your special magical garden space.
If you are interested in the English version, please, let me know!
Thanks to Truus Seele for the photo of her amazingly beautiful festive Winter Bird’s cake.
A basic Dutch recipe is posted on Tuincoach Blog: Vogeltaart, een winterse lekkernij voor tuinvogels.
Leave a reply!
That would be absolutely MAGIC to me.
(scroll down to leave your message)